Today’s blog is about office phone systems. You have one. They are dull, necessary, and no one wants to deal with them. They need to be re-configured for new employees, they’re confusing, and the telephone lines probably cost you more money than you’d like. The solution is VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol).
Like everything else, office phone systems began transitioning to fully online/digital well over a decade ago. In a practical sense, VoIP means that your phone lines are no longer coming in over traditional, “plain old telephone” lines, or other standard protocols from the 1960s to the 2000s. Instead, voice signals are now being carried to your phone from via the internet, such as your broadband connection.
- You cut the higher landline charges, especially for international calls.
- Old fashioned systems are becoming obsolete, and parts aren’t available.
- You don’t need 2 separate cabling systems anymore.
- They rely less on hardware to do the job, so re-configuring for a new employee or a major office shift is much, much easier. It is now a software change, not a hardware issue.
- Your employees are no longer tied to the phone at their desk. VoIP allows integration with mobile devices.
This is just a quick summary, but it gives you a starting point for understanding why most firms are moving to VoIP systems and abandoning the old traditional PBX and key systems of an earlier era. Rent-A-Nerd, Inc. has partnered with Cytracom to deliver the best VoIP phones and service. Clients are saving time and money when they switch over. You can read more about our offerings, or give us a call today to discuss your business phone needs. 504-301-1094